Friday, April 23, 2010

Quick, Brisk visit from the sketchbook




I'm sending off this huge, spiral bound edition of the Invasive Exotics to a pal who is going to help me edit it. ... In sending him the work, I am beginning to look at the end of a year long project. It is liberating to have the brunt of that story's artwork done and put into the world. I have two ideas rolling around in my head for the next comic, one being satirical and the other horrifically realistic in its depiction of mythological violence. But when I really put my mind to it, I'm looking at an empty page ... a blank canvas ... I could just start making boxes hypothetically, "LYNCH IT" and make a brand new graphic novel. But I'm not that reckless ...

You're just looking at some sketches because frankly, I missed you internet and it had been too long.

Look for a BRAND NEW www.jackturnbull.com coming soon! Really soon! I'm not just saying things this time ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment