Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Post-MOCCA review



Thanks so much for everyone who came out to the MOCCA festival this past weekend! The show was a huge success for me; I SOLD OUT of the new and final issue of the Invasive Exotics as well as the first issue. Everything went including the kitchen sink; I even sold the table poster!

Also thanks to Dan Byer of the great, great, great Brooklyn alt-indie-folk act Air Waves for letting me stay the night. Dan's been my best friend since I was about 2 so it's always a pleasure to see him. Basically, there is no need for me to point out I stayed with him besides plugging his band who really are worth checking out.

Dan's Bed-stuy apartment is like a castle in Brooklyn ... and his record collection has tons of old punk, rock and guitar based treasures.

There's the stud on the right cooking up Ramon. Andy on the left - say hi to him if you visit NYU's library! Both awesome guys.

I got a lot of inspiration from this year's MOCCA. I want to write extensively about the best pieces in the show I saw walking around the tables - but to really articulate what is special about these pieces means further consideration, time and thought. Plus I still haven't really gotten time to sit down with my stash. So I'll plug some things and we'll come back to this.

My next convention is in Providence, Rhode Island ... The RISD alumni sale. May 1st. Hope to see you there.

And as always, you can buy issues and artwork at my etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/jackturnbull

No comments:

Post a Comment